Services at Stay Golden
We offer a range of services. Here, you find an overview of offers at the hotel, as well as tours and excursions in and to the area of Arugam Bay. You can book all services at Stay Golden once you have arrived. There is no need to prearrange safaris, surf lessons or yoga classes. They can be organized flexibly and spontaneously. Just talk to us during your check-in. We will give you an overview, and are happy to inform you more detailed about the respective available offer. For any special requests, please contact us by email.
Services at the hotel Stay Golden
- Pool: Cool down and swim in our pool. The pool is open all year long and accessible for all our guests at any time. There’s also an outdoor shower and sunbeds for your convenience.
- Internet: 4G WiFi is available in all areas of the hotel at no extra cost. Our WiFi connection is stable and fast. Hence, our hotel is often used as a remote work office, too.
- Laundry service: Normally, our team will wash your laundry within 24 hours. The price is set at 2.5 USD per kilogram (no ironing).
- Surfboard rental: When you already know how to surf, you can rent a board with us. We have a small selection of soft and hard boards of various sizes. Or take a surf lesson with us.
- Yoga classes: There’s an outdoor yoga space overlooking the ocean at Stay Golden. Use the time to join us for a practice. We regularly have yoga classes at Stay Golden. Find more information here on our website or on Instagram @yoga_arugambay. Angie is a yoga teacher, hence we offer yoga classes all year long.
- Board games: At the bookshelf in the restaurant, you will also find a good mixture of board games and card sets. No matter if it’s UNO or Scrabble, there’s one for every taste.
- Book exchange: At the restaurant, there’s a big book shelf with books in English and other languages. Leave your book with us and take another with you!
- Birthday surprise: Do you want to surprise someone for his or her birthday, or any other special occasion? We can organize a cake or a special dinner under the stars. Let us know on arrival, and we will prepare a surprise tailored to your needs.
- Contact us for special rates on long term stays (available in the slow season from November until February) or group bookings.
Activities in and around Arugam Bay
- Kumana National Park safari: Less than one hour driving from Arugam Bay, and you will reach the Kumana National Park. That’s the more quiet part of Yala and a hidden gem, to spot leopards! Join us for a half day tour, early in the mornings or in the afternoon.
- Wildlife Tour: Spend your afternoon to go for an adventure into the wild. We will drive into nature with our safari truck to spot wild animals like elephants and crocodiles.
- Lagoon safari in Pottuvil: Watch birds, elephants and more, as you are paddled down this undisturbed nature reserve by a local fisherman. We will take care of the transport from and to the hotel for you.
- Surf lessons: Learn how to ride a wave. The official surf season is from April to October. As a beginner, you can make your first experiences with the board and the waves all year long. Find more information here on our website.
- Taxi service: No matter if directly from the airport or any other spot on the island, we can pick you up! Our professional driver will bring you safely and responsibly in our modern 7 seater SUV (or any other vehicle on demand.). If needed, we also have a baby car seat or a child’s car seat on demand free of charge. See our prices here.
- Tuk-tuk service: Let us know, and we organize a tuk-tuk including driver for drives around the area. No matter if quickly to downtown, or for your surf-tour to one of the close by beaches: A tuk-tuk is the typical local vehicle in Sri Lanka.
- Tuk-tuk rental: Do you prefer to explore Arugam Bay, or maybe the whole island, on your own? We recommend tuktukrental.com. With our code ‘goldentuktuk’ you will get a discount!
- Scooter and motorbike rental: Rent a scooter or a motorbike, to explore the closer area on your own. A special feeling of freedom is awaiting you.
- Bicycles: Not only in times of fuel shortage, our bicycles are brilliant to go downtown to Arugam Bay centre. Our bicycles are free of charge for all our guests.
Do you still have a question? Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions if it’s answered there. And if it isn’t, feel free to contact us via mail.