Eat with us at the Stay Golden Restaurant, Arugam Bay
More than just a restaurant in Arugam Bay
We are passionate about food at Stay Golden! Our aim is to provide 100% tasty and freshly cooked dishes for you in our restaurant in Arugam Bay. The motto “good food, good life” is leading us. Nutrition plays a major role in the wellbeing of a person. We are what we eat. We, at Stay Golden, are aware of the responsibility we have by running a restaurant. It’s not just about the good look or the taste of food. It’s about its ingredients, spices, and the way of preparation. Cooking is art. That’s why we strive for you to enjoy your food: With your body, mind, and soul.
Options for everyone with the Stay Golden menu
The menu is a mixture of typical Sri Lankan and Western dishes. We serve modern food with an emphasis on fresh, healthy, yummy and simple. From superfood like smoothie bowls and energy balls to salads, sandwiches or seafood, rice and curry – our menu offers a wide choice for everyone and every time of the day. Vegans and vegetarians are more than welcome. As we, Angie and Rihan, are a couple of a plant-based eater and an “everything-eater”, we know what it takes to meet different demands.
You can find the menu here to receive a first impression.
We only use ingredients from the local markets in Pottuvil. It is important for us to support our local community and act sustainably to better our environment. Seafood is purchased freshly at the fishing market in Arugam Bay, just hours after the catch. Chicken is delivered by Rihan’s uncle, who runs a chicken farm in Pottuvil. In the Western world, you would probably call it organic, free-range chickens.
Some dishes are based on seasonal availability. This means that foods such as mango, avocado, and calamari are only served during their season in Sri Lanka. We refuse to buy mango flew into Sri Lanka from China. It’s one little step on how to take responsibility for the future of our planet.
The Stay Golden Restaurant
The restaurant is located in the garden of Stay Golden in Arugam Bay. To the beach, it takes you only a couple of steps. The dune is our natural border to the wide and empty beach in front of us. Enjoy your food while listening to the sound of the waves. Find impressions of the restaurant area here. We try our best to create a relaxed and positive atmosphere.
Stay Golden is eco-friendly
We are all sitting in the same boat. Climate change is happening. We believe in the importance of everyone contributing a little bit in the collective fight against climate change. Here are some of the little things we offer in the restaurant:
- We try to reduce plastic. In our restaurant, you won’t be served plastic straws. Instead, we use reusable metal straws.
- Another way to save a lot of plastic is refilling mineral water. We offer a refill water system. You can refill your own bottle or a plastic bottle with mineral water at the restaurant. Even with using a plastic bottle twice, you have a little effect. During your time at Stay Golden, you can use one of our glass bottles. This also applies to eating at the restaurant. We are happy to serve you a glass bottle with drinking water and extra glasses.
Continue refilling while your travels in Sri Lanka. Find other places to refill your bottle here: https://www.getwater.lk/
- Instead of one time used paper napkins, we offer cotton napkins. This saves resources – and at the same time, it looks nice, too 🙂
- In our kitchen, we separate waste. Organic waste is used to produce fertile soil for our garden. The local waste disposal collects all other waste.
Visit Waste Less Arugam Bay for more information about the recycling of plastic bottles in Arugam Bay.
- At the beachside in front of Stay Golden, we offer a wooden dust bin for everyone to collect trash at the beach.
Help us during your time at Stay Golden to reduce plastic, save resources and so much more. Every little action counts. Thank you.
The Stay Golden Restaurant on TripAdvisor
Find our TripAdvisor listing for the restaurant in Arugam Bay here.
Did you like your experience at the Stay Golden restaurant? We are looking forward to your review 🙂